By Jocelyn Geboy in Miscellaneous on Sep 5, 2007 4:05AM
- What is wrong with people? Chicago police say a fisherman at Montrose Harbor may have been murdered, simply because he was Asian.
- The South Side is getting their prayer on after last year's tragic incidents of children being caught in the crossfire.
- Jesse Jackson is going around asking parents to send their kids to school. And he's finding it ironic that he has to beg when African-Americans fought to go to school in the past.
- It wouldn't be Chicago if our airports ran well and we didn't have potholes. To accommodate, the busiest runway at Chicago's Midway International Airport will be shut down for about two and a half days next week because of potholes.
- Car makers are still fighting this? Illinois would join California in significantly limiting air pollution from cars under a plan to be recommended to Gov. Rod Blagojevich by a panel of business, labor and environmental leaders.
- Well, of course! We're about to pay more for crap service and the subway project no one really wants is as much as $150 million over budget, a shortfall that has prompted city officials to move to privatize the project. Why is the city involved in this, but not in any other CTA matters?
- Authorities are trying to find out if "speed or alcohol played a part" in a crash that happened where a car careened off the road and hit people waiting to watch fireworks Sunday night in Schaumburg. Seven people were injured and witnesses said the driver was going 100 m.p.h. You think speed or alcohol played a part?
"Rolling Stock" by p2wy.