By Rachelle Bowden in News on Dec 2, 2005 4:22PM
- Daley says he favors a less restrictive smoking ban, the city council still can't agree on anything.
- This month anthropologists will begin photographing about 20,000 Columbian Exposition items with the goal of making them available on the InterWeb by Sept. 2007.
- Actual good CTA news: Daley puts the kabash on the CTA fare hike for disabled. The Chicago Card is free from now til March. We can now load up our CTA cards & check balances at 65 local retail outlets.
- While on the job, a Chicago Water Department masonry inspector tried to warn drug dealers on the West Side about a nearby police sting.
- Michael Segal will be behind bars for the next decade.
- Prince Richard: Not the name of some obscure European dignitary, but the name of South Side serial rape suspect.
- Don't get outta the car: New traffic stop code of conduct